Bead craft has been found to be very intricately woven with almost all ancient civilizations and native cultures. It is a 5000 year old legacy of the Indian civilization.
Bead work is traditionally a part of every girl's life in Kutch and Saurashtra, coastal Gujarat, western India. It's also part of her rites of passage as a woman. She learns sewing at the age of six or seven, and from then on begins making various household things for her trousseau. Wall hangings, bedspreads, mats and even covers for the betel nut, coconut and so on that would be used during her wedding.
However, the threads to their tradition and customs are getting frayed as the younger generations are leaving for greener pastures, resulting in the neglect of this precious inheritance.
- Material: XPE, 100% biodegradable material
- Colour of XPE: A: Ready stock - pearl white, B: Can customize – silver and gold finishes
- Available in pack of: a: Pack of 4pcs or 6 pcs and multiples of the same
- How to store: after every use please repack it as sent by us when the product is shipped.
- Maintenance and care: Clean with mild liquid detergent mixed in luke warm water with the help of a fresh clean sponge. Can iron only when product is slipped between two cotton fabrics.